On the auspicious date of 29th August 2016, as an offering to his teacher Sir TKV Desikachar, Dr. Kausthub Desikachar, founded the KHYF International, as an international non-profit based in Europe. The co-founders of this organization are Evelyn Einhäuser and Philip Rigo.
The classical tradition of Yoga, as taught by Yogacarya Sri T Krishnamacharya, is represented through the Krishnamacharya Healing & Yoga Foundation (KHYF). The KHYF was founded in India in 2006 by TKV Desikachar and Dr. Kausthub Desikachar to represent the living tradition of Professor T Krishnamacharya, thus giving continuity to this wonderful and precious lineage.
The KHYF strives to represent the authentic teachings of Yoga, embracing the synergies with other healing and spiritual paradigms in a manner that is both culturally relevant and yet consistent with the core values of Yoga’s profound tradition.
In order to broaden its appeal and relevance globally, an international non-profit based in Europe,KHYF International has been created with the following objectives
* Increase awareness of Yoga and its many applications
* Create and Supervise the highest standards of education in Yoga and Yoga Therapy
* Support schools to become and remain affiliated schools of Yoga teaching in this tradition
* Offer certification to students graduating from the affiliated schools
* Offer non-certified memberships to anyone who would like to remain a well-wisher of the tradition
* Collaborate with professionals from other modalities of therapy to promote new and relevant paradigms in healing
* Collaborate with cultural and spiritual ambassadors of different traditions to explore
alternate traditional methods of healing and spirituality
* Create and share educational resources that support the understanding and study of Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Yoga as a spiritual process
* Support professional teachers and therapists through mentoring and continuing education.
* Maintain the authenticity of yoga while keeping it relevant for contemporary society.
The KHYF strives to create meaningful collaborations with teachers and centers throughout the world that represent the pure teachings of Tirumalai Krishnamacharya and T.K.V. Desikachar. We have high quality standards that are also represented by our partners around the world. If you engage a teacher of our tradition, you can be sure of the following standards:
A KHYF Yoga Teacher is certified to teach group classes and general (non-therapy) individual classes. They can also teach personalized yoga therapy practices under the guidance and supervision of a Yoga Therapist. You can expect a KHYF Yoga Teacher to have completed 500-750 hours of training.
A KHYF Yoga Teacher Trainer is a Yoga Teacher, who is also certified to
train others to become Yoga Teachers. You can expect a KHYF Yoga Teacher Trainer to have completed a cumulative
minimum of 1500 hours of training and at least five years of teaching experience.
A KHYF Yoga Therapist is a Yoga Teacher, who is also trained to teach and develop personalized yoga therapy programs. You can expect a KHYF Yoga Therapist to have at least 7 years of yoga teaching experience and a cumulative minimum of 2000 hours of training, including a minimum 100 hours of internship practice.
A KHYF Yoga Therapist Trainer is a Yoga Therapist, who is also certified to train others to become Yoga Therapists. You can expect a KHYF Yoga Therapist Trainer to have at least 5 years of yoga therapy practice and a cumulative minimum of 3000 hours of training, including internship practice.