This exhaustive training will:
• Present the most important principles of Yoga Therapy as a self-empowering, holistic and complementary system of health.
• Provide comprehensive training in the understanding and application of the vast array of tools that Yoga offers to address a wide range of health concerns in a holistic manner.
• Help understand and learn how to implement the one-to-one approach to healing through Yoga.
• Explore the role of Yoga in developing and supporting a wellness-oriented lifestyle.
• Educate on professional and ethical standards under which Yoga Therapy must be practiced.
• Assist in providing a safe environment to facilitate the trainees in the often challenging journey of personal and spiritual development as well as evolution of their own unique strengths as healers The main faculty for the program will be Dr. Kausthub Desikachar, and ably assisted by his long term students.
All successful graduates will be issued certification from Krishnamacharya Healing & Yoga Foundation and are also eligible to be certified by the Council for Yoga Accreditation International. They will be listed on the websites of both organisations as an accredited Yoga Therapist.
Submit the form at the bottom to get more details (or) Email : courses@Khyf.net
* Please note that these dates are only indicative and will be confirmed with the acceptance letter.
Talk directly to our New Zealand Co-ordinator now
I registered for the 4-years Yoga Therapy Training from KHYF with Sri TKV Desikachar and Dr. Kausthub Desikachar. Although it was a big challenge, it was one of the best decisions I made in my life. Diving into the aspects of Yoga in a deep and subtle way gave me great confidence for my own teaching. This I felt especially in the one-to-one classes during the training and the internship in India.
I can highly recommend the profound Yoga Therapy Training from KHYF with Dr. Kausthub Desikachar. The teachings come from the source and are rooted in an ancient tradition in the lineage of great Yogacaryas.
I am deeply grateful that I had this opportunity.
At the end of this journey, that could be written down as a fairytale with all the witches and fairies, seen and unseen, material and spiritual i know who and what i am not. Exploring the new found freedom within me is at the beginning stages, taking first steps. I have appreciated all the different teachers during this course. All of them have been specialists on their field, be it theoretical or practical yoga therapy, chanting, practice classes, ayurveda,psychology, anatomy etc.
At the end i am very grateful to Kausthub who never gave up on me, who did not allow me to become dependent on him, who forced me to take full responsibility of my life, so i could become free.