Belgium | 2018 – 2019
This exhaustive training will:
• Present the most important principles of Yoga as a self-empowering, holistic and complementary system of health
• Provide comprehensive training in the understanding and application Yogic tools for children and young adults
• Help understand the psycho-spiritual evolution of a child into adulthood and what factors can in uence and support this in a positive and nurturing manner
• Understand the Yogic Anatomy (Na?d?i-s, Cakra-s etc.) and how they relate to a child’s evolution and functioning
• Learn indepth, the tools of Yoga appropriate to each stage of a child’s evolution
• Educate on professional and ethical standards under which Yoga must be taught to children
The main faculty for the program will be Dr. Kausthub Desikachar, and ably assisted by his long term students Philip Rigo and Candice Mangon.
This first Europe batch of the Yoga for Youth training will begin in the summer of 2018. The following are the approximate dates of the training modules.
I registered for the 4-years Yoga Therapy Training from KHYF with Sri TKV Desikachar and Dr. Kausthub Desikachar. Although it was a big challenge, it was one of the best decisions I made in my life. Diving into the aspects of Yoga in a deep and subtle way gave me great confidence for my own teaching. This I felt especially in the one-to-one classes during the training and the internship in India.
I can highly recommend the profound Yoga Therapy Training from KHYF with Dr. Kausthub Desikachar. The teachings come from the source and are rooted in an ancient tradition in the lineage of great Yogacaryas.
I am deeply grateful that I had this opportunity.
At the end of this journey, that could be written down as a fairytale with all the witches and fairies, seen and unseen, material and spiritual i know who and what i am not. Exploring the new found freedom within me is at the beginning stages, taking first steps. I have appreciated all the different teachers during this course. All of them have been specialists on their field, be it theoretical or practical yoga therapy, chanting, practice classes, ayurveda,psychology, anatomy etc.
At the end i am very grateful to Kausthub who never gave up on me, who did not allow me to become dependent on him, who forced me to take full responsibility of my life, so i could become free.